Knitting pattern in English for a sweater with a diagonal striped pattern on front and back part as well as the sleeves in sizes 1-2 | 2-3 | 3-4 (4-5 | 5-6 | 6-7) 7-8 | 8-9 | 9-10 years
The sweater is knitted top down with raglan increases – but: the raglan increases take place in the middle of front and back part and in the middle of the sleeves. This way, there will be created a pattern of diagonal stripes meeting in the middle of the body and the middle of the sleeves. But first, you start with the collar in 1x1 ribbed pattern. As soon as the desired width of the body is reached, the sleeves will be separated from the body. As soon as the desired length is reached, the body will be finished in two parts: the right front and back and at last the left front and back. Finally, a 1x1 ribbed hem is attached to the body and you are going to finish the sleeves following the same logic as for the body.
Level of difficulty: medium to advanced due to the special construction of the sweater
- 100| 100| 150 (150 |200 | 200) 250 | 250 | 250) g Alpaca Silk by Hobbii (166 m/ 50g)
- 50 | 50 | 75 (75 | 75 | 100) 100 | 125 | 125 g Super Kid Silk by Hobbii (195 m/25 g)
- about 50 | 50 | 50 (75 | 100 | 100) 125 | 125 | 150 g leftover yarn (Sport Weight/DK Weight Yarn), e. g. Fourseason by Lana Grossa or The Baby Wool by We are Knitters
- 4.5 und 3.5 mm circular knitting needles as well as DPNs in these sizes for the sleeves.
- darning needle
- stitch markers/leftovers
10x10cm=19stsx26rswith the yarn held double on 4.5 mm knitting needles in pattern (the pattern provides further information regarding the swatch/knitting tension because of the special construction) – wet blocked
Bust circumference finished sweater:
- 64 | 66 | 70 (72 | 74 |76) 80| 84 | 90 cm
- 35 | 37| 39 (41 | 43 | 45) 46 | 47 | 49 cm plus 3-4 cm hem
The pattern will be provided as a PDF-file to be downloaded direclty after payment. The download link is valid for 30 days. There is no refund possible.