Knitting pattern in Danish for a sweater with vertical and horizontal stripes creating a modern look in sizes XS | S | M (L | XL | 2XL) 3XL.
The sweater is knitted top down: First, the shoulders and the round neck are shaped. Afterwards, you are going to work the back and front part separately while shaping the armholes with increases. As soon as the total number of stitches for each size is reached, back and front part are finished in rounds in one piece and are finished with a hem in 1x1 twisted ribbing. Afterwards, the sleeves are knitted directly to the body, using short rows to shape the sleeves. The sleeves are tight at the cuffs to highlight the slight balloon shape of the sleeves. Last, but not least, you are going to crochet the vertical stripes all over body and sleeves. Then, you are going to finish the round neck with a hem in 1x1 ribbing.
The fit of the sweater is loose and oversized, the sleeves tighten at the cuffs with a small hem in 1x1 ribbing. The length is cropped, but can be easily adapted to your individual measurements.
Level of difficulty: advanced
1 main color:
- 150| 150 | 150 (150 | 200 | 200) g Organic Soft Merino by Kaos Yarn (250 m/50 g)
- 75| 75 | 75 (75 | 100 | 100) g Organic Brushed Alpaca by Kaos Yarn (250 m/25 g)
4 different contrast colors:
- for the horizontal stripes: 3 different colors with each 50 g Organic Soft Merino by Kaos Yarn (250 m/50 g) AND 25 g Organic Brushed Alpaca by Kaos Yarn (250 m/25 g)
- from size L onwards: for contrast color 3 you will need 100 g of Merino and 50 g of Brushed Alpaca
- for a horizontal and a vertical stripe in one contrast color: 100 g Organic Soft Merino by Kaos Yarn (250 m/50 g) AND 50 g Organic Brushed Alpaca by Kaos Yarn (250 m/25 g)
- 4.5 mm and 3.5 mm circular knitting needles (optional: DPNs for the sleeves), crochet hook 4.5 mm
- darning needle
- stitch markers or leftovers
10x10 cm = 19 sts x 31 rs in stockinette stitch with 2 threads of yarn held together on 4.5 mm knitting needles (wet blocked)
Bust circumference finished sweater: 104 | 108 | 114 (121 | 128 | 134) 141 cm with a positive ease of 15 to 20 cm.
Length: can be easily adapted, but the pattern is calculated for a length of 50 | 50 | 55 (55 | 64 | 64) 66cm (including 3 cm hem)
Sleeve length (from under the armpits): 40 cm (excluding 6 cm hems)
Armholes: 21 | 22 | 23 (25 | 26 | 27) 28 cm with a circumference of 42 | 44 | 46 (50 | 52 | 54) 56 cm.
The pattern will be provided as a PDF file to be downloaded directly after payment. The download link sent via email is valid for 30 days. There is no refund/exchange possible.
For pattern support, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you!